Category 1: 7 years and under
Category 2: 8-12 years
Category 3: 13-18 years
Category 4: Open Category (19 years and above)
*Age is calculated as of 31 December 2019. The Organisers reserve the right to request proof of identification if required.
- Participants may submit any number of entries. However, every participant can win a maximum of one prize (not including the prize for Facebook Most Likes).
- Shared/group entries are not allowed. Each entry must be registered under only one name.
Please make a copy of your artwork before submission. All submitted entries shall become property of The Bible Society of Singapore and will not be returned to artists. The artists shall be deemed to have donated the copyright to their creative works towards the Bible Society of Singapore’s mission work. Proceeds from any sale or fundraising campaign would be used to support the Bible Mission and the Bible Society of Singapore’s advocacy work.
- The following prizes will be given out:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd prize for each category
- Special Mention prizes (for outstanding artwork)
- "Facebook Most Likes" Prize
- All winners for all the above prizes will also receive a certificate.
- The winners will be notified by email in July/August 2019.
- Unless otherwise specified, all prizes must be claimed during the Opening Ceremony held on 18 August 2019. In the event that prize winners are unable to attend the ceremony, they can collect their prizes at The Bible Society of Singapore located at 7 Armenian Street, #04-01, Bible House, Singapore 179932 during office hours (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) from 21st August - 31st October 2019. Prizes not claimed by 31st October 2019 will be forfeited.
- Prizes may be subjected to changes at The Bible Society of Singapore's discretion.
- All prizes are subjected to the terms and conditions of the respective sponsors and third party vendors, if any. The Bible Society of Singapore will not be liable for these conditions and any subsequent issues regarding the prizes after their distribution to the prize winners.
- Where feasible, prizes can be sent to overseas winners. Overseas winners may receive different prizes of comparable value from the prizes listed.
Theme & Judging
- All artwork must depict the stipulated theme: Hope & Promises in the Bible.
- Submitted artwork must be original in concept and execution. As this is a competition, any entry which plagiarises other artwork or contains defamatory, violent, infringing, indecent or unlawful material that violates local and international laws and regulations will be disqualified.
- Judging of the artworks will be based on the following criteria:
- Creativity & Originality
- Exploration of Theme
- Artistic Quality (including technique, execution & composition)
- Overall Impression of the artwork
- The judging panel consists of artistic committee representatives and organising parties.
- We accept the following types of artworks: painting/drawing, sculpture, craft, textile and Scripture calligraphy. Submitted entries must be original, physical artworks.
- Paintings/drawings: Common mediums include acrylic, batik, Chinese brush, collage, crayon, ink, mixed media, oil and watercolour.
- Sculptures, craft, textiles and mixed media submissions: Entries must use non-perishable and non-toxic materials.
- Scripture calligraphy:
- Calligraphy portions on submitted artworks must be handwritten. We do not accept calligraphy text that is computer-generated or digitally-assisted.
- Artists are strongly encouraged to use a minimum of four (4) colours for their calligraphy pieces. This includes the colour of calligraphy text and any other design and illustration elements (but not including background colour of paper medium).
- Participants may use a word, phrase, sentence or entire Scripture verse(s) in their artwork. Please indicate in your registration from the Scripture verse and translation from which your work is based (e.g. Genesis 2:24 (Hebrew Bible), Deuteronomy 6:7 (Good News Translation) or Joshua 24:15 (Chinese Union Version).
- Participants may use Hebrew, English or Mandarin for their calligraphy text.
- We regret that digital art/media and photography are not allowed in our competition. Artworks involving digital artwork, photography and digital manipulation are also not allowed.
- Please contact us if you have any questions with regards to your artwork/medium. The organisers reserve the right to refuse participation of entries at their discretion.
Please ensure that your artwork complies with the following size regulations:
- 2D items (e.g. paintings, drawings, Scripture calligraphy, etc.)
- Minimum size: 21cm by 29.7cm (A4 size)
Note: A3 size and above is recommended.
- Maximum size: 100cm by 70cm
- Minimum size: 21cm by 29.7cm (A4 size)
- 3D items (e.g. sculpture and some forms of mixed media)
- Minimum size: 20 cm by 20 cm by 20 cm
- Maximum size: 75cm by 75cm by 75cm
Registration & Submission Process
Participation & Registration
- We accept participants from all countries. Artworks need to be sent to Singapore.
- Please register with your complete particulars
- You will receive an acknowledgement by email within 24 hours.
- Please print out the registration acknowledgement that you receive and submit it together with your artwork. Entries without the printed registration acknowledgement will not be accepted.
- Entry for the competition is free of charge.
Note: By registering, you agree to abide by the Terms & Conditions of this competition.
All International and Singaporean Participants
- All entries have to be submitted with a printed registration acknowledgement by 7 June 2019 (Singapore) or 3 June 2019 (other countries).
- Please note our operating hours and drop them off at:
- During Office Hours (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm)
The Bible Society of Singapore
Level 4 Bible House (7 Armenian Street, S179932)
- After Office Hours (only available during the hours listed below)
Level 1 Bible House (7 Armenian Street, S179932)
- Mon: 6pm-7pm
- Tue: 6pm-8pm
- Wed-Fri: 6pm-7pm
- Sat-Sun: 10am-2pm
- During Office Hours (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm)
- If you would like to submit your entry by mail, please send to: The Bible Society of Singapore, Bible House, 7 Armenian St, Level 4, Singapore 179932 (The Organisers will not be responsible for any damage caused during mailing.) We strongly encourage sending by registered mail.
- An email stating receipt of artwork will be sent to the artist’s contact email within 7 working days of submission.
"Facebook Most Likes" Competition
All accepted entries are eligible for the Facebook Most Likes Competition.
- Photos of accepted entries will be uploaded on the Colours of the Bible Facebook page within 7 working days of submission.
- The entry with the most “Likes” on the original post will win a special prize
- Participants may invite Facebook users to “Like” the original post.
- Participants may share the original post. However, “Likes” on the shared post will not be counted.
- The closing date for the Facebook Most Likes competition is 28 June, 2019, 1600h (GMT+8).
- Facebook users may “Like” a post from the time it is uploaded until 28 June, 2019, 1600h (GMT+8). Participants are hence encouraged to submit their entries early.
- All winning entries, Special Mention Entries and the Facebook Most Likes entries will be exhibited at the Colours of the Bible exhibition held in Singapore in August 2019.
- Additionally, some entries will be selected to be exhibited at the exhibition.
- All artists of exhibited entries will be notified in July or August 2019 before the exhibition.
- There will be an opening ceremony at the exhibition. The date, time and venue will be advised closer to the exhibition dates.
- Winners and artists of exhibited entries will be sent invitations to the exhibition’s opening ceremony.
- Winners will receive their prizes during the opening ceremony. All artists of exhibited entries will also receive a certificate each at the Opening Ceremony.
Other Rules & Regulations
- Any entry which is incomplete, illegible, incomprehensible, or not received by the closing date will be disqualified. The Organisers reserve the sole right to disqualify any entry which does not comply with the criteria stipulated in these Terms & Conditions or otherwise deemed ineligible by the organisers.
- The Organisers reserve the right to assess eligibility of entries based on their discretion.
- The Organisers will not be liable for the loss or damage of any entries. We seek your cooperation to transport your entries in the best protective packaging to avoid damage.
- We allow entries from prize winners of the past year’s competition to be exhibited again. However, To encourage participation by new artists, past winners for the top 3 prizes will not be eligible to win prizes for the current year. (Eg. If Sally had won 3rd Prize for category 3 in 2016, she will not be eligible to win Top prizes again). They will still be eligible for Special Mention & Facebook Most Likes awards.
- Entries submitted must be created in the past 12 months (not created before 3 June 2018).
- All entries will not be returned to artists and are deemed property of The Bible Society of Singapore. The artists may be deemed to have donated their creative works to the Bible Society of Singapore’s mission work.
- Hence, by entering, participants give The Bible Society of Singapore the permission to use their artworks, including promoting and supporting the mission work of The Bible Society of Singapore.
- Full credit and acknowledgement will be given to the artists, except in situations where it is not reasonably feasible.
- The Organisers reserve the right at any time, to cancel or modify the art competition/exhibition or substitute, withdraw, or cancel any rules or prize without prior notice, without having to disclose any reason therefore, and without compensation whatsoever.
- The Organisers reserve the right not to award any prize, or to award one or more but not all of the prizes. The decision of the Organisers shall be final and no correspondence will be entertained.
- Prizes not claimed will be forfeited at the sole and absolute discretion of the Organisers.
- The Organisers may exercise their sole discretion to use the winners’ details, identification, artwork, image and captions related to the art competition (in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act) for the purpose of marketing, publicity and announcements, without incurring any charges.